Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Painting Scraping the House Day Twentysomething

(I'm too lazy to count, and I don't want to know how many days we've been at this.)

Yes, I know it's Tuesday. And no, I'm not blogging on the taxpayer's dime. I took a day of leave--I had to cancel one of my vacation days during Christmas week to do so--to do this. (Very unflattering photo, ain't it?)

It's only 9:15, and I'm already taking my first break, because I'm hot and tired and haven't had my daily Labor Day Scrape Away and Pastry-eating Fantasy pastry (Java Cat's blueberry scone, day old) yet.

Here's something I learned from this project, and you'd be wise to listen: If, when preparing to scrape large--and even worse small--patches of paint off of your house, you mention that a drop cloth would be a good idea, and your spouse*, who is very smart and someone whose opinion you usually respect, replies that it's not necessary, DO NOT LISTEN. Put a drop cloth down, even if you have to do it your own darn self.

That is all.

Cheers,
B

P.S. We had THE BEST buffalo burgers last night, grilled in the dark to perfection by the same smart spouse whose opinions are highly respected around here. Oh, we also downed a few banana-strawberry daiquiris, prepared by yours truly. (Gotta do something with all that rum leftover from the Christmas rum balls!)

No comments: