Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baba Who?

For dinner last night we had gyros, made with real lamb gyro sausage & homemade tzatziki sauce. I thought the lamb sausage looked a bit too much like spam, but it was delicious none-the-less.



We had two eggplants from our CSA in the frig. I've experimented a bit with eggplants from the CSA this year, and although none of us is a big fan of eggplant it seemed wasteful to, well, waste them. (Brought to you from the Department of Redundancy Department.) In keeping with the Mediterranean theme, I decided to make pita chips & eggplant dip., which was not quite a Greek melitzanosalata and, because the tahini that I had in the frig was way past the expiration date, not exactly Baba Ghanoush. I'm not gonna say what it looked like, but I'm guessing that my darling hubby might.


No comments: