I couldn’t have asked for a nicer day! It promises to be sunny and warm, with a bit of a breeze. Just perfect for working in the garden. Here’s what I hope to get done today:
1. Plant arugula and onion seeds and more peas, lettuce, spinach, and radish seeds.
2. Rototill onion/leek bed.
3. Transplant onion seedling from basement to garden.
4. Rototill beds closest to garden gates. (To increase size of beds/decrease size of grass strip between beds.)
5. Cover/mulch area between garden gates to kill grass strip.
6. Clean up dead daylilies.
7. Divide/transplant a few daylilies.
8. Rake leaves.
9. Shred/chip/mulch leaves and brush.
10. Clean out & organize garden shed.
11. Turn compost piles.
12. Clean birdfeeders.
13. Not think about work.
14. Play with cats.
15. Nap. Maybe with cats.
Wait’ll you see the garlic bed! It’s looking great. I’ll snap a photo and post it later today. Boy-oh-boy do we heart garlic!