Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Furlough Friday/Black Friday!

How are you enjoying your State Employee Unpaid Furlough Friday/Black Friday? I'm using my Furlough Friday* to extend my holiday weekend into 5 straight days full of reading, napping, eating, drinking coffee, and other lazy and relaxing activities**.

One thing I enjoy on my days off is listen to the radio. I'm very excited about a double-header program that'll be on Science Friday from 2:00-3:00 this afternoon: The Cheese Chronicles and They Might Be Giants: Here Comes Science. Who'd want to miss out on that? Set your alarm--you wouldn't want to be late!

*No, I am NOT shopping today. I'm not a shopping-at-four-in-the-morning kinda gal. I didn't even get up until 8:00, having stayed up until late last night reading.

**When we found out we'd be taking 16 unpaid days over two years, I vowed I would spend my furlough days doing as I wanted, NOT anything productive; I've done a darn good job keeping my promise to myself thus far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my furlough day will be spent doing chores I am afraid.

Barb said...

Noooo! You must resist!