For Day Three of Vegetarian Awareness Month, shall we make some express (fake but good) kimchi? I just finished mixing the cabbage and salt with my hands.
Now I smell like cabbage.
There are many good things to say about cabbage.
On the plate:
* Like other cruciferous vegetable, it may reduce risk of certain forms of cancer, such as colorectal.
* It's high in vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin B6, fiber, and other good stuff.
* It's low in calories.
In the kitchen:
* It's easy to prepare. Pickles, slaws, stir-fries, etc. A little goes a long way.
* It stores for a long time.
In the garden:
* It's easy to grow, if, unlike someone who shall remain unnamed, you don't leave it in the ground so long that it splits.
On the wallet:
* It's cheap!