Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some Like It Hot

I had one person--the one person who really counts--beg, so I'll share my peppers with all.

Sorry, I'm not actually going to share peppers with you, but I do have photos of my Chinese chili garlic sauce.


With just 5 ingredients (peppers, garlic, vinegar, salt, and sugar)










you can have awesome chili garlic sauce.

I made 1/2 of the recipe, and I've got about 5 cups of hot sauce, which should last pretty much forever. I made this last year too, and believe me, it takes only a tiny bit to add a lot of HEAT and taste to a dish.


I don't remember what kinds of peppers I used last year, but this year I used a mixture of Serrano and Anaheim peppers and a mixture of Inchelium Red and Transylvanian garlic from my garden. The author of the recipe used Thai peppers, which are many times hotter than Serrano. I can't imagine--what I've used is plenty hot, if you ask me.

This is easy-peasy to make, and, if you like peppers, you'll love it. Make some, and then watch this space for ways to use it.

Cheers,

B

Now, because you've been so indulgent, here are some bonus pepper photos:



Ripening serranos, 9/4















First ripe serrano, 9/6
















First ripe jalapeno, 9/20

No comments: