Sunday, July 19, 2009

Smell My Breath


Oh boy! I started bringing in the garlic. I've harvested 32 bulbs so far. Here's the breakdown:

15 Kettle River Giant
5 Simonetti
6 Inchelium Red
3 Rosewood
1 each Chilean Silver
2 mystery plants that were growing off by themselves (I think they're Kettle River)

I've also gotten lot of raspberries off the volunteers (weeds) that migrated from my neighbor's yard. If I can stop eating them (with vanilla yogurt as an afternoon pick-me-up, yum), I should have enough this week to make jam.

Other stuff from this season's garden we've been enjoying: Peas (snow, snap, and shell), green beans, green onions, green garlic, garlic scapes, new potatoes, and herbs (mostly basil, cilantro, and dill).

Oh, one more thing! We're this close >< to the first ripe tomato. It's a beautiful orange cherry. I almost picked it yesterday, but somehow I managed to restrain myself. I'm going to try to wait until it's absolutely perfect.

No comments: