Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weather Report and Ramblings

It's been raining and raining and raining, so we can't go outside and scrape paint, much as we might want to.

Yesterday, I cleaned up the grow light area in the basement, converting it to shelves to store our potatoes and winter squash & whatnot. But, I mostly puttered in the kitchen. One of the things I did was braid my sofneck garlic. (Last week I tied the hardnecks, which you can't braid, into bundles with sisal rope.) Here's my first try:

Chilean Silver




Not bad, eh? It's very easy to do and doesn't take long at all, once you get all the stuff together.

So, with the rain, I've got another day all to myself! I should clean the house, but I doubt I will. I should sort and file papers, but I doubt I will. I could clean up the basement some more, but I doubt I will. I might just end up spending the whole day reading, or maybe sewing, or watching old movies. Who knows?

Cool and rainy, it's the perfect day for a big project in the kitchen, like making jam. Or a big dinner production, but I can't think of anything! When I asked Dave, he suggested Philly cheesesteaks, but those don't take much time or effort or heat up the kitchen. Hhmm. I'll have to think about it. Maybe I'll make soup, just because it's a perfect soup-eating weather. (I think I know where I can get some tomatoes and garlic for roasted tomato soup. Yum.)

1 comment:

Salt N Turmeric said...

I hope you'l try to make baked murtabak/curry puff soon and like it. ;)

Good luck on the house painting. Its looking good!

Farina