Sunday, June 01, 2008

Garden Update

Yesterday, I planted my pepper seedlings (what few had survived). Of course, I had to check on them as soon as I got up at 6:00 this morning, so I grabbed the day's first cuppa and enjoyed it in the slight chill of the garden.


The potato beds are looking promising.



This bed has a row each of Butte Russets, All Blue, and Easter Egg (l-r).



The other bed (not pictured) has a row each of Yukon Gold, Easter Egg, and a mix of Yukon Gold/All Blue.






Here's an All Blue. Even the foliage has a blue tint to it.








And of course Russets, especially for Tim, who's not so impressed by fancy-colored potatoes or other specialty potatoes.










I think this tomato plant is a Persimmon. I'm not sure; the tag got lost somewhere between seed and garden.















I apologize for yet another photo of the broccoli, cabbage, radish, and clover bed. I couldn't help it; it looks so enticing with the sun raising on the dewy petals. Too bad I' a crappy photographer.

Cheers for now-
b

No comments: