Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Four Day Plan: Day Four

Although it got much colder last night than I had expected, the seedlings made it through the night in their new accommodations with no signs of stress. It looks as if today'll be a gorgeous, sunny day, which they should love.

Last night I was a bit distressed because the NOAA was forecasting frost for tonight, but the frost warning has disappeared this morning. I'm still having second thoughts about putting the rest of the heat lovers--cucumbers, squash, melons--in the ground for fear that I'll lose them overnight. (The peppers will definitely have to wait another week or so, as they aren't very large yet. I've had some trouble starting the pepper from seeds.) Maybe we'll just have to do the Christo thing again; it worked before.

Watch this space...

No comments: