Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quote of the Day: Road to the White House

"I'm a Huckabee supporter because who else can get Chuck Norris?" asked Gabe Smith, 18, from Wakefield, New Hampshire who described himself as a professional skateboarder. When pressed, he added, "I like it that he doesn't support the gays. That ain't right, that ain't in the Bible. He's not supporting the civil union thing."
Guardian Unlimited, 1/8/08

I think I'd ask supporters like that to stay home, or at least keep their mouths shut.

Now, to be fair and balanced--and I'm nothing if not fair and balanced--I recommend "Can Hillary Cry Her Way Back to the White House," by Maureen Dowd, NYT

Long time, no food blogging: Homemade Philly cheesesteaks last night; homemade basil pesto w/ linguini tonight. Recent new recipes/experiments include jambalaya, seafood chowder, and homemade potato gnocchi w/ red pepper pesto. Maybe I'll post some photos/recipes some day.

Cheers,
Barb

No comments: