Saturday, February 24, 2007

Say Cheese

I have very few firm beliefs about human nature, one being that if you have to ask yourself the question "Do I have a problem?" the answer is "yes."

Last night, we stopped at Fraboni's on the way home so I could pick up cheese to make panini for dinner. Unable to decide between smoked provolone and smoked mozzarella, I naturally bought both. When I put the cheese away in the fridge at the O-Ranch, I discovered that half of the bottom shelf is devoted to cheese. There's cheese (cow, goat, fresh, aged, soft, hard, Wisconsin, Italian, French, you name it) on every shelf and in nearly every drawer of our fridge. Curious, I inventoried it all and discovered that we have no less than 18 different types of cheese, if you include the everday stuff (cream cheese, cottage cheese, grated Parmesan, and cheese slices).

Do I have a problem? Yes.

Is there such a thing as a cheese addict?

No comments: