Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dontcha Just Love to Say "Gorgonzola"?

Because we didn't know what would be happening or how long Dave & I'd be at the Gala Fundraising for Military Families for Peace tonight, I didn't plan anything for dinner. Lucky for us I had some leftover Gorgonzola Ale Soup in the freezer, which thawed out and heated up surprisingly well.

The first time I ate Gorgonzola Ale Soup was at the Wynkoop Brewing Co. in Denver, and I loved it. I've made Beer Cheese Soup a few times over the last decade or so, but because I never could find a recipe I used just a bit of this and a bit of that until I got it just right. The last time I made it I used a recipe I found on the Internet that is allegedly by John Dickenson of Wynkoop Brewing. (True or not, it sure is delicious!) Perhaps the best thing is that my lactose-intolerant darling can tolerate this very well, lapping it up with the rest of us, as long as I use a lactose-free substitute for the cream.

Give it a try: You'll love it.

Cheers,
Barb

No comments: