Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's Inevitable

The Teenager asked, "What's for dinner?" When I replied that we were having Shepherds' Pie, he asked if he could have something else--I'm thinking that he was thinking several bowls of Corn Pops or maybe an entire box of prepared mac-n-cheese--to which I replied "NO." The Teenager commenced whining and arguing and some other -ing words, which did not have the desired effect of Mom caving in.

I can't remember exactly what I said--I sort of blacked out--but I can remember pieces, such as "when someone else goes to the trouble to prepare a meal for you..." "should appreciate it..." "eat what you're given and be thankful..." Sputter, sputter... Repeat self... (I did not, however, mention anyone of any age starving anywhere. At least I don't think I did.)

I am turning into my mother. Help me!

No comments: