Thursday, November 16, 2006

Introducing: Improper Display Hall of Shame

A pitfall of my job: I see improperly displaying people. They're everywhere!


Inductee #1.

Spotted outside Monty's Blue Plate Diner, 11/16/06.




Decals are to be attached thus: Expiration month decal in the lower left corner; expiration year (only one, thank you) decal in the lower right. For anyone unsure as to how to do this, the envelope in which the decals are enclosed has a helpful diagram showing decal placement.

Speaking of vehicle registration, let's talk about work. One of our new trainees, J1, begin phone training today by monitoring my incoming phone calls. For the most part I think it was a good learning experience, in that we had a varied selection of problems and questions and all the callers were pleasant and agreeable. No screaming; no swearing; no name calling. Thanks again, fellow Wisconsinites! I knew I could count on you.

We had a phone call from a very nice, albeit somewhat unfocused, gentleman calling from out of state about his father's vehicle registration. Although the procedure this gentleman needs to follow is rather simple, and my explanation of such is rather short, this phone call ended up taking 35 minutes! The call should have taken 6 minutes tops, but try as I might I couldn't explain anything to him, as he kept interrupting and going waaaay off topic. I tried several times to end the call, but he wouldn't allow me to, and I didn't want to disconnect or be rude because he was on the verge of tears most of the time. This was one of my saddest, most difficult calls yet.

No comments: