Saturday, October 21, 2006

Domestic Bliss, Saturday Morning

9:30 a.m. Breaktime!

I just finished a light cleaning of the kitchen, but have gotta rest a bit before I tackle the bathroom, for which there is no such thing as a light cleaning. But it's well overdue and Dave, who usually cleans the bathroom, is building shelves in the basement storage area--at least I think he is, 'cause I hear drillng sounds, but for all I know he could be sitting on the sofa with a beer in one hand and a book in the other, while occasionally picking up the drill for effect--so I volunteered to do the dirty work this week.

No sleep-in today. I had to get up before 7:00 to drop Tim off at school to take the PSAT. I believe that his preparation for taking the test was limited to making sure that he had a #2 pencil and a calculator (after I nagged him incessantly). Can't wait to see how this goes.

After drop-off, Dave & I went to Java Cat, where I had a bucket-sized pumpkin ginger latte and a lemon scone and Dave had a small black decaf. Then homeward bound for chores. Yippee!

I just amazed my husband, who works at a bank, the very bank with which we do most of our banking, when he walked past my computer and noticed that I was looking at online images of a check we had written which had been cashed. Guess what one of his responsibilities at the bank used to be? (Give yourself bonus points if you guessed imaging checks.)

I think I'll try to talk the guys into eating out tonight. (I'm sure they'll be game, especially if I'm treating.) Indian cuisine sounds good to me. Maharaja Restaurant anyone?

Break's over; back to work.

Cheers for now,
Barb

No comments: