Thursday, September 07, 2006

Go Forth and Multiply

Are your concerned about the "fertility gap"? It seems that a favorite pastime of political conservatives/Republicans is perpetuating the species, whereas political liberals/Democrats are much more conservative, or "European," in their reproductive habits. (Hey! What about the folks who are considered in the middle? Or a little of both? Huh?) Are we to be overrun by little Cheneys? (Now, that is a scary thought!) Shall I head for the hills?

I would not have known about this crisis had I not been listening to WPR on the way to work yesterday as Joy Cardin was interviewing the author of the fertility piece. Better yet was today's morning show about Katie Couric and her historic debut as CBS anchor. Am I the only one who doesn't care? And why did Joy's radio show about Katie Couric seem to center on the Holmes-Cruise baby? Am I the only one who doesn't want to know a thing about this child or her parents? And, for God's sake, am I the only one who thinks there's something very wrong in selling your child to the highest bidder?

If Joy doesn't shape up I'm not going to tune in to her anymore: I'll be listening to the rabid lefties on 92.1, the MIC.

No comments: